Monday, May 14, 2012

T-Shirt Rug

T-Shirts????? What do you ever mean my dear sweet Mother? This sure doesn't look like a T-Shirt to me!
Ahhh.....but Miss Mindy......this rug is indeed made out of T-Shirts, many of them, 16 to be precise!
You see, my dear little puppy girl, there is a special way to cut up an old T-Shirt, and make yarn out of it. I know it sounds crazy, but it is true! From the "yarn", you then crochet what ever you would like. I thought I would crochet a rug, that you just may want to lie on sometimes. I think I will save it for the new house, (whenever that will be), then you can have a chance to lay on it, and decide weather you like it or not.
OK, what ever you say Mom, but please don't cut up any of my shirts please.
Lovies, Miss Mindy

10 comments:

Remington said...

Well, isn't someone creative! What an awesome idea! I am going to tell Beth about it right away! Your mommy is very talented!

My Mind's Eye said...

Miss Mindy your mom needs to develop an online craft shop so she can teach us all the neat things she knows know to do.

Pray tell how in the world did she turn t-shirts into yarn? It is gorgeous and looks very soft.

Hugs from your BFFF,
Madi

Bassetmomma said...

That is just the coolest idea!

Chatty Crone said...

I have been seeing a lot of things being made out of t-shirts these days. Cool. sandie

Kathy said...

Miss Mindy, I am so happy Mom showed us her T-shirt rug!
That is a unique idea for using old t-shirts: recycle them into a new form!
It must involve lots of cutting the shirt into one continuous "rope"!

Donna B. McNicol said...

That is so cool!!

Jill said...

That is really terrific!

2browndawgs said...

That is really nice. Too bad you have to wait to lie on it Miss Mindy.

Ziggy Stardust said...

That is super cool! I hope it is nice and snuggy for you.

Loveys Sasha

Kari in Alaska said...

Thats super cool!

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com